Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Before you read...

Hello everyone!

After telling some people about the idea of starting a "blog", I was instantly told that it is something that I have to maintain and update - this idea was not thrilling to me because I was really just looking for one place where I could put all of this information. I am however, largely in favor of adding to the information here and hearing if you tried anything you read about here. So, we'll see....

The restaurant list that is on here is a compilation of places I've eaten in nyc over the last 7 years. These are places that I LOVE to go and take all of my guests (if you've been a guest of mine, these places will look very familiar to you!!!). Many of the places were actually discovered by friends of mine, but I have tried and enjoyed all of them (some over and over again).

The list of tourist attractions was made because a cousin of mine had moved to the city with many colleagues (med school students) and they were looking for recommendations of things to do. I decided to type all the information out and thought this would be a great place to put it.

The final page is filled with shopping in nyc information. I used to work with two wonderful people at the department of education in the international recruitment department. We created this list a few years ago to help out international teachers who were new to nyc. This list was created as a collaboration of the three of us, but again, I thought this would be a great place to post it!

I really hope that you enjoy and use this list! Please feel free to comment!

:) Dahlia

1 comment:

  1. I'd never imagine you to be a blogger but I'm so excited you are!! Finally we'll get to know some tips from the discount queen! I noticed that you listed everything you've compiled already but maybe later on when you discover more new things/places, you can blog abt ur experience one post at a time so people can add comments on them. Oh and add pictures whenever u go to a restaurant!! Exciting!! Thanks for sharing! :-)

    cheers on the launch of ya new blog!!
    Jui

    ReplyDelete